Fans of Motel 6 from around the country look for motels that have been remodeled recently. Even better are those local motels that Motel 6 rates remarkable. Finding these motels means finding the best quality places to stay at cheap rates without having to worry about outdated 70s decor.
In Denver, Colorado Motel 6 has only one property rated as remarkable.
The Motel 6 in Thornton Colorado is remarkable and has been recently remodeled. That means that it is a good choice for travelers looking for a nice, clean place to stay in the Denver Area priced within budget.
Officially named Motel 6 Denver – Thornton #433 the motel is on West 83rd Place in Thornton, CO right off of I-25 near the junction with 84th Avenue. This makes this Motel 6 a great choice for travelers driving through the state or for those driving an RV that need a night off from sleeping in the motor home.
Nearby restaurants include a Village Inn across the street and numerous other choices within a few minutes drive. The Thornton area is north of downtown Denver. However, all Denver attractions are within easy driving distance thanks to the hotel’s close proximity to I-25 which is the major north-south artery through the Denver Metro Area. Furthermore, the Thornton Motel 6 is the closest motel to Water World, Denver’s biggest outdoor waterslide park and popular family destination for kids outdoors needing to burn off a little steam and stay cool on a hot summer day. Numerous water slides offer fun and thrills for younger children and older children alike. Teens will have fun at Water World’s bigger attractions and giant wave pool.
Nearby in downtown Denver are Ocean Journey Aquarium, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, the Pepsi Center – home of the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets, Coors Field – home of the Colorado Rockies-, and Mile High Stadium which is home to the Denver Broncos. (Officially, the name of the Broncos’ stadium is Invesco Field at Mile High, but just call it Mile High, everyone else does.)
This is a great location for day trips to Rocky Mountain National Park which is to the north and west. Being located on the northern side of Denver shaves off several miles and lots of traffic.
The Thornton Motel 6 amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, free local phone calls, free coffee, free cable TV, coin laundry, and wireless Internet access (WiFI) available. Pets are allowed in some rooms depending upon size and type.
Motel 6 Thornton rates vary according to availability and season, but typically far below $100 per night even in peak season.
Not Good Motel Location For:
- Skiing - unless you plan a day trip and want to come directly back to the city. Major ski areas are over 2 hours away. (Eldora Ski Resort is closer, but not a major resort.)
- Early Downtown Business Meetings – I-25 is the only viable option for getting to downtown Denver from here, and it can bog down with traffic during rush hour. The morning rush hour is the worst from here because of commuters heading into the city from the northern suburbs and Boulder. The Boulder Turnpike merges onto I-25 just a few miles south of this location.
- Easy Airport Access – Although the E-470 toll road provides fast access to DIA from this location, the airport is miles away from here far to the east of Denver. Taxi cabs will be expensive to and from the airport at these Denver lodgings.
Other Denver Motels and Hotels
Some Denver area hotels and motels that are closer to DIA – Denver’s airport – include:
- La Quinta Inn DIA
- Comfort Suites at DIA
- Embassy Suites Denver International Airport
- Residence Inn Marriot
- Quality Inn & Suites
- Staybridge Suites Denver Airport
- Denver International Hotel
- Days Inn and Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport
Fun Denver Attractions
Fun places to take kids and families in Denver are plentiful.